ICT & Computing
At Hollinwood Academy in our computing curriculum we aim to:
· teach pupils computational thinking, ICT and computer science through a balanced curriculum designed to appeal to all genders.
· develop a deep understanding by delivering a spiral curriculum where topics are revisited in subsequent years with the opportunity to build on knowledge and skills previously developed.
· provide opportunities during each year to enable pupils to extend their learning in a variety of contexts and to develop links between the theoretical and practical elements of the course.
· support pupils to become safe users of technology and the internet.
· provide a curriculum that aims to push students to reach their full learning potential, whilst remaining personalised to meet each student individual learning, social and emotional needs as well as their interests.
At Key Stage 3:
E-Safety, understanding computers, interactive multimedia, spreadsheets, video editing and animation.
Networks, graphic editing, block-based programming, databases, website development and an enterprise project.
Computer science, python, digital citizenship and Functional Skills Entry Level.
At Key Stage 4:
Depending on the pathway and options selected in Key Stage 4 students will work towards a suitable qualification:
· OCR Cambridge Nationals in Creative iMedia Level 1/2 Certificate/Award
· Edexcel Functional Skills Entry Level 1 -3 and Level 1 and 2