This week, Mrs Needham and Mrs Hobson have been leading on the teacher assessed grades (TAGs) and the standardisation for: Art, Science, Spanish, History and English GCSEs, with Food Technology and Maths GCSE standardisation taking place next week. The TAGs need to be finalised for Friday 18th June 2021 and our students are being encouraged to produce evidence for these until this date.
I am really proud of our Year 11 leavers as they have had so much disruption to their learning at such a crucial point in their education over the past 14 months and their passion, dedication and determination has really shone through this week as their work is standardised. Results day this year will be Thursday 12th August 2021 and we can’t wait to welcome our Year 11 leavers back onsite to receive their grades. The staffing team are working closely with our leavers to plan an end of year trip and prom which the students (and staff) are really looking forward to. We will communicate this to families once we have the finer details.
Let’s see what some of our classes have been doing this week, starting with Miss Collinge’s class…
Wow what a week we have had in class. Our topic this half term is ‘Pieces of Eight,’ we have learned all about pirates..
..made parrots and even walked the plank!
During our morning routine, we have completed busy bags to improve our living skills. Did you know we can now fasten buttons? How fantastic is that?
Maths and communication skills have involved listening to and exploring crackle water..
..pouring and measuring water and sand and digging for treasure..
All of the children have been awarded their ‘Arts Award – Discover’ certificates and are very proud of themselves.
On Friday we held a ‘Spanish day,’ where we explored Spanish foods such as olives, paprika and churros and sang some Spanish nursery rhymes.
Next week we will be ending our topic with a Pirate Day, we are very excited to dress up as pirates and have a party!
Miss Fletcher’s form…
This week, we have been working hard and have all enjoyed our learning.
We have been focusing on observational drawing and have linked this with Horticulture to look at the parts of the plant in greater detail. We enjoyed looking at the intricate detail of these and completing them, it was mindful and calming.
We have enjoyed our Outdoor Education lessons; we have been learning practical skills to help us increase our independence skills.
We have also been learning about parts of a skeleton and how it moves, we labelled and made our own skeleton out of pasta!
We have also been studying Georgia O’Keefe, we have completed fact files and completing our own interpretation of the Artwork above the clouds.
We have had a fun week and we are proud of all our students.
Now to our amazing SUPER STARs and SEALs..
- Mr Corrigan’s STAR this week is Zakariya for settling in really well to his new class and having a great week.
- Mr Corrigan’s SEAL Superstar is Caitlin for showing off her fantastic communication skills when she was feeling, “a little bit angry,” today.
- Mr Corrigan’s WOW moment goes to Ollie. Well done!!!
- Miss Prescott’s STAR of the week is Zack for using the calm room and calm corner sensibly to help him stay calm.
- Miss Prescott’s SEAL of the week is Madison for finding ways to calm herself down without hurting or upsetting others.
- Miss Prescott’s DOJO winners are Gerard and Sofia. Well done!
- Miss Simms’ STAR of the week is Leo for always being polite to teachers and his friends, as well as always working hard in every opportunity he has.
- Miss Simms’ SEAL Superstar is Essah for using the calm corner to help himself feel better when he is anxious.
- Miss Tootill’s STAR of the week is Thomas for working hard all week and for being a great role model for his peers.
- Miss Tootill’s SEAL of the week is Kaden for staying positive with his friends and with himself.
- Miss Tootill’s DOJO winner is Ethan. Well done!
- Mrs Lomax’s STAR of the week is Lewis for coming out of his comfort zone.
- Mrs Lomax’s DOJO winner is Charlie. Well done!
Now to our ‘Commitment to Learning Stars’:
Can I remind our families that we break up for the May half term next Friday 28th May 2021 and school reopens on Monday 7th June 2021 for our final half term.
Have a lovely weekend and stay safe.
Click here for this week’s news from Graham
You can find all our previous blog entries here